The European Committee of Domestic Equipment Manufacturers (CECED) is a Brussels-based trade association that provides a single, consensual voice for the home appliance industry in Europe.
It promotes the industry’s general mission to increase product innovation while reducing the environmental impact of appliances.
CECED members produce the following type of appliances:
The home appliance industry is an important European economic player.
- Generating wealth: the total annual turnover of the industry in Europe is €44bn (2013)
- Providing good employment:
- Total employment as a result of the presence of the sector: approximately 963,000 jobs,
- Direct employment: 211,000 jobs
- investment in the future: €1.4bn contribution to research and development activities in Europe.